Monday, February 8, 2016

When we were at Shabbat dinner Friday night, Judy fixed the most delicious sweet potato soup! Last night she brought all of the recipes she served to the concert. You must try this and the next time I am at the market, I will buy the ingredients. It was wonderful and everyone raved it was so delicious.
Here is the recipe: 1 TB. butter 2 teas. curry powder, or to taste 1 big or 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1.5 lbs peeled and cut into chunks.) 1 cup dried apricots Salt 4 Cups chicken stock. (You can use Chicken soup powder) Preparation: Melt the butter in a a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the curry and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the sweet potatoes and apricots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are well-mixed (a minute or so) Season with salt. Add the stock. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the sweet potatoes are tender, another 20 - 30 minutes. Place the mixture in batches into a blender and puree until smooth. Thin with water or stock if necessary. (The recipe can be prepared a day or twin in advance after allowed to cool and then refrigerated.) To serve, reheat and adjust the seasoning. This serves 4.

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen, I am going to love keeping up with your blog. Truly it's like being back there myself. I love your large photos and commentary, including another great recipe from Judy. Keep this up. I feel like I'm in touch just seeing all these lovely people and places. I didn't do blog books until I returned. Too busy living the dream :)

    ReplyDelete