Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday - The Sabbath in Jerusalem

I am having the hardest time remembering that Saturday is our Sabbath and Sunday is a regular day! Today the student choir sang one of my songs in church and I was touched when a student handed me a note afterwards: "I really felt the spirit while listening to the choir sing "Safe Within His Keep". I loved the imagery of little lambs being taken care of and sought after by the Savior." I am loving working with these students and helping them with their music and feel like I'm back to the days I loved so much when I was teaching at Suomi College in Michigan. Here is a photo that was snapped during rehearsal just before church started. This is a photo of Caleb, assistant student organist, and Sabrina just before church. Sabrina is my "right arm organ assistant". She helps change the settings when I play the prelude and postlude music and is extremely responsible. I also started teaching her piano and whenever I am with her, I feel like I'm just a little closer in thought to my grandchildren.

1 comment:

  1. We really enjoy being a part of your experiences there. They warm our heart again with so many sweet memories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete